5 foods for your mid section
1. Oatmeal: You may think that eating less will help you lose weight, but you should never skip meals, especially the first meal of the day. Eating a healthy breakfast jump-starts your metabolism, regulates your blood sugar levels, and gives you energy to carry you through lunchtime. Fiber-rich oatmeal is a great option because it’s filling, so you won’t indulge in a muffin or bagel by midmorning. Opt for plain oatmeal since the flavored brands can be full of sugar.
2. Blueberries: Research has shown that a diet rich in blueberries may help diminish belly fat. Even if blueberries are frozen, they maintain most of their nutritional benefits.
3. Almonds: It’s said that MUFA (monounsaturated fats) are a secret ingredient that helps burn away belly fat. Almonds are a good source of monounsaturated fats and help curb cravings since they are a good source of vegetable protein and fiber.
4. Salmon: Cutting down on fried, fatty, calorie-rich foods in order to obtain lean abs is a must. What’s great about lean proteins like fish, tofu, or turkey meat, is that they provide you with lots of energy and burn more calories when digested. When choosing a fish, try salmon or tuna since they are both high in omega-3s, which reduce inflammation in the body and can help regulate your hormones.
5. Green veggies: like romaine or arugula lettuce, spinach, and broccoli are not only packed with vitamins and minerals, low in calories, but contain a high amount of fiber as well. Make yourself a ginormous salad for lunch and it’ll keep you filled throughout the afternoon. Or have a smaller salad before a meal, and you’ll find yourself eating less of the main course.